All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe development of the modern world has brought with it rampant light pollution, destroying the ancient mystery of night and exacting a terrible price--wasted energy, damage to human health, and the sometimes fatal interruption of the life patterns of many species of wildlife. In Let There Be Night, twenty-nine writers, scientists, poets, and scholars share their personal experiences of night and help us to understand what we miss when dark skies and cturnal wildness vanish. They also propose ways by which we might restore the beneficence of true night skies to our cities and our culture. Let There Be Night is an engaging examination, both intimate and enlightening, of a precious aspect of the natural world. The diverse voices and perceptions gathered here provide a statement of hope that he ancient magic of night can be returned to our lives.
- Author BiographyPaul Bogard earned a Ph.D. in literature and environment at the University of Nevada, Reno, and now teaches at Northland College in Ashland, Wisconsin. He returns as often as possible to watch the starry skies over the lake in northern Minnesota where he first learned the value of darkness and night.
- PublisherUniversity of Nevada Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationReno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nevada Press
- Weight295 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byPaul Bogard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.