All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPies are easy, ice-cream is cool and delicious, and cookies are beloved by children and Santa, but cake is the undisputed queen of dessert world, and in Let's Bake a Cake, the fourth in our popular series of vintage cookbooks, we celebrate this truth. Benjamin Darling once again turns to his extensive collection of vintage recipe pamphlets to seek out cake recipes and images that evoke cakes throughout the early and mid-twentieth century in all their glory. Recipes include basics like devil's food cake and caramel cake, holiday-themed delights such as Candy Cane Cake and Easter Bunny Cake, and recipes formerly lost to time such as graham-cracker cake, peach upside-down cake and chocaroon cake. They are all accompanied by a wealth of carefully selected and beautiful vintage images. Frosting, filling and topping recipes, decorating and baking tips, and cake lore round out the treasure trove of vintage cake kwledge and visual beauty that is Let's Bake a Cake.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Darling is an author living with his family in Sonoma, California.
- Author(s)Benjamin Darling
- PublisherLaughing Elephant
- Date of Publication10/08/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLaughing Elephant
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight386 g
- Width170 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.