All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $198.07
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $166.93
- AU $26.91Trending at AU $29.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.22
- AU $46.87Trending at AU $52.20
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.19
About this product
- DescriptionMom's Choice Gold Award Winner for Values and Life LessonsThis fun and original picture book introduces Almigal, a spunky little girl with hearing loss who is w determined to hear every single sound in the universe thanks to her new cotton candy pink cochlear implants. These sounds include a baby's funny giggle, the robin's chirps outside the window, the soft song played during ballet class, and especially her best friend Chloe's teeny-tiny voice. But most of all, Almigal wants to hear her parents whisper to her when they tuck her into bed every night. Almigal's spirit will have both children and parents alike rooting for her, while the story delivers a positive message about accepting and celebrating differences.
- Author BiographyWendy Kupfer is an advocate for the deaf and hard of hearing who has worked closely with Thomas Balkany, MD, former chair of the University of Miami Department of Otolaryngology, and one of the leading cochlear implant surgeons in the country. She lives in Delray Beach, Florida. Tammie Lyon is the award-winning illustrator of the Eloise and Katie Woo series of picture books. She lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Author(s)Wendy Kupfer
- PublisherHandfinger Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHandfinger Press
- Weight499 g
- Width231 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tammie Lyon
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.