All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you really knew me, you would kw my Father as well. From w on, you do kw him and have seen him. (John 14:7) Jesus is the great stumbling block of faith. It is in him that Christianity finds its uniqueness among the religions of the world. He is the Incarnate Son of God, the unique revelation of the Father. Yet so often, we begin the process of theological formulation t with the person of Jesus, but rather, with philosophical arguments about God's existence and logical constructions to determine God's nature. How would our understanding be affected if we instead took Jesus as our starting point for doing theology? In Let's Start with Jesus , respected biblical scholar Dennis Kinlaw explores this question, revealing answers that are profound. In seeking to describe the nature of the relationship God desires with us, he explores three metaphors - royal/legal, familial, and nuptial - which serve as motifs for his reflection. Taking familiar theological categories, Kinlaw views them through the primary lens of the person and work of Jesus, and finds that Jesus reveals rich pictures of the nature of God, the nature of personhood, the problem of sin, the way of salvation, and finally, the means of sanctification via perfect love. The distilled wisdom of one of this generation's greatest thinkers. Dr. Kinlaw leads you deep into the inner sanctuary of the Holy Trinity and shows you three distinct persons relating to each other in pure reciprocal love. - Robert E. Coleman, Distinguished Professor of Evangelism and Discipleship, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. Every time I read something written by Dennis Kinlaw my mind is stimulated and my heart strangely warmed. Let's Start with Jesus is ather important book from a truly gifted man. - Lyle W. Dorsett, Billy Graham Professor of Evangelism, Beeson Divinity School, Samford University. Kinlaw's revolutionary approach to doing theology is much more than that - it's a revolutionary approach to life. Kinlaw locates ultimate purpose in a place the church has almost totally neglected, and he does so graciously, with powerful, tightly reasoned biblical argumentation.
- Author BiographyDr. Dennis F. Kinlaw (PhD Brandeis) is the founder of the Francis Asbury Society in Wilmore, Kentucky and former president of Asbury College. He is the author of This Day with the Master, Preaching in the Spirit, The Mind of Christ, and We Live as Christ. Dr. Kinlaw is married to Elsie Katherine Blake and they have five children. They reside in Wilmore, Kentucky.
- Author(s)Dennis Kinlaw
- Date of Publication07/10/2005
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight299 g
- Width142 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.