All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.81
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.17
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.48
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.57
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.19
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.94
About this product
- DescriptionCharles Mir Blackford, an aristocrat from Virginia, enlisted in the Second Virginia Cavalry at the start of the American Civil War. During his tour of duty, Captain Blackford kept constant correspondence with his wife, Susan Leigh Blackford. Captain Blackford wrote frequently about the horrible conditions in his camp, while Susan detailed her own struggles, including the loss of her home and the death of three children. This collection of letters highlights the misery of war - from the violence on the battlefield to the hardships of the home front - and offers a first-hand account of how the Civil War affected families.
- Author BiographyUnder the command of Lieutenant General James Longstreet, Captain Charles Minor Blackford saw combat in northern Virginia and alongside Lee's Army at Gettysburg, before marching west with Longstreet's army to Chattanooga. After the war, Captain Blackford practiced law and was a charter member of the Virginia Bar Association.Susan Leigh Blackford is the wife of Captain Charles Minor Blackford. Her correspondence with Captain Blackford is regarded as a quintessential view into the dynamics of marriage and the perils of conflict during the American Civil War.
- Author(s)Charles Minor Blackford,Susan Leigh Blackford
- PublisherDreamscape Media
- Date of Publication25/06/2013
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDreamscape Media
- Weight249 g
- Width165 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Narrator(s)Matthew Steward,Berneis Susie Susie Berneis
- Contained items statement9 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time662
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.