All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEve and Faye's correspondence began with a simple letter about a bad job interview or bad hair day, seeking comfort from hundreds of miles away. As their adult lives unfolded, gender roles, career choices, and family relationships became fair game, subject to both scrutiny and hilarity as the Ledermans lovingly ridicule everyone in their path. In one letter, Faye laments, Every time I apply mascara before an interview my eyelashes get all clumped together. I'm afraid if the interviewer catches my profile he'll think I'm applying for the position of prostitute. In ather, Eve ponders their father's ineptness. If Mom left for the weekend, she'd return home to find Dad emaciated on the floor, tin cans strewn around with bite marks. Ultimately, the sisters reassure each other that they are t alone in their search for the ultimate man ( a big, buff, macho, kind, sensitive, feminist ), the ideal job, or the perfect hair removal method. The Ledermans emerge as feisty, independent women who confront their femininity but aren't confined by it. Instead, they are able to laugh long and hard at themselves, enticing and empowering readers to do the same.
- Author BiographyEve Lederman's essays have appeared in the New York Times and her play, Let It Come Down, is in development. She is also a monologist and has performed with The Moth, The Liar Show, and The Museum of Jewish Heritage. Her live storytelling is featured on her CD Going Public. Faye Lederman is a documentary filmmaker. She and Eve co-directed A Good Uplift about a bra shop on the Lower East Side, broadcast on PBS. Faye also produced Women of the Wall about feminism in Israel and is currently shooting Missed Conceptions. Eve and Faye live in New York, New York.
- Author(s)Eve Lederman,Faye Lederman
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight228 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.