All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn May 1956, in his eighty-second year, Jung first discussed with Gerhard Adler the question of the publication of his letters. Over many years, Jung had often used the medium of letters to communicate his ideas to others and to clarify the interpretation of his work, quite apart from answering people who approached him with genuine problems of their own and simply corresponding with friends and colleagues. Many of his letters thus contain new creative ideas and provide a running commentary on his work. From some 1,600 letters written by Jung between the years 1906-1961, the editors have selected over 1,000. Volume 2 contains 460 letters written between 1951 and 1961, during the last years of Jung's life, when he was in contact with many people whose names are familiar to the English reader. These include Mircea Eliade, R.F.C. Hull, Ernest Jones, Herbert Read, J.B. Rhine, Upton Sinclair and Fr. Victor White. Volume 2 also contains an addenda with sixteen letters from the period 1915-1946 and a subject index to both volumes. The antation throughout is detailed and authoritative.
- Author BiographyGerhard Adler underwent a training analysis with C.G. Jung in the 1930s and is now President of the International Association for Analytical Psychology. He is one of the editors of 'The Collected Works of C.G. Jung' and his published works include Studies in Analytical Psychology and The Living Symbol. Aniela Jaffe collaborated with Jung in his Memories, Dreams and Reflections.
- Author(s)C. G. Jung,Gerhard Adler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/1976
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1188 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Volume editorAniela Jaffe,Gerhard Adler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.