Letters of Love: Sermons and Reflections by Mark and Sandy Jerstad by Sandy Jerstad, Dr Sandy Jerstad (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMark Jerstad's essence returns to us in written form through sermons preached at Augustana College. Topics of faith and fear range from What Happens After Death? to Forgiveness, from Thinking about Thinking to Roadblocks to Faith. Jerstad writes, There is a strain running through the whole biblical message that comes at us from our future and penetrates our w. This is what we call an eschatological promise, a promise that beyond this life there is something more...We are people of promise. We live in the hope and the promise given to us by God himself through Jesus Christ, that beyond this life we will be ushered into a new kingdom... Sandy has added real life reflections that anchor Mark's sermons. Her stories of the hilarity, joy, and adventure depict what living life with Mark was like. You will share with her a near-death experience, the perils of a solo 600 mile bike ride, her world of coaching, life in the South Dakota Senate, the death of her father and the difficult journey through Mark's dying and death. As Sandy writes, For 31 years I had the privilege of living with a man who never said never. His belief in aiming high and dreaming big dreams was something he lived and shared with us, his family. I can only imagine the dreaming he is doing w.
- Author BiographyMark Jerstad, born in 1942 in Bagley, MN, graduated from St. Olaf College in 1964. Following graduation from Luther Seminary and Union Theological Seminary, he served as pastor at Zion Lutheran Church in International Falls, Minnesota. He was called to serve as campus pastor at Augustana College in Sious Falls, South Dakota, where he moved with his wife, Sandy, and three children, Rachel, Mike and Sarah in 1976. In 1985 he joined the Good Samaritan Society and in 1989 he was appointed President and CEO by the board of directors. In November, 1996, Mark was diagnosed with late stage colon cancer and died March 29, 1997. Sandy Jerstad, born in 1943, graduated from St. Olaf College a year after marrying Mark in 1965. She taught junior high school geography and English before finding a career in athletics at Augustana College, coaching tennis and volleyball for six years and softball for 27 years. Her softball team won the NCAA Division II title in 1991. Sandy is in the Augustana Hall of Fame, The South Dakota Sports Hall of Fame, and the National Fastpitch Coach's Hall of Fame. She earned a doctorate in educational administration in 1994. Sandy served on the South Dakota State Senate for four years and continues to teach part-time at Augustana.
- Author(s)Dr Sandy Jerstad,Sandy Jerstad
- PublisherZion Publishing
- Date of Publication16/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintZion Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.