All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYes, there actually is a way to let everything become your teacher, to let life itself, and everything that unfolds within it, the full catastrophe of the human condition in the words of Zorba the Greek, shape your ongoing development and maturation. Millions have followed this path to greater sanity, balance, and well-being, often in the face of huge stress, pain, uncertainty, sorrow, and illness. In his landmark book, Full Catastrophe Living, Jon Kabat-Zinn shared this invative approach, kwn as mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), with the world. Now, in this companion volume, 100 pointers from that groundbreaking work have been carefully selected to inspire you to embrace what is deepest and best and most beautiful in yourself. Whether you are trying to learn patience, cope with pain, deal with the ermous stress and challenges of the age we live in, improve your relationships, or free yourself from destructive emotions, thoughts, and behaviors, these deceptively simple meditations will remind you that you have deep inner resources to draw upon, the most important of which is the present moment itself. Regardless of your age or whether you are familiar with the healing power of mindfulness, this insightful, inspirational guide will help you to hor, embrace, learn from, and grow into each moment of your life.
- Author BiographyJon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., is the founding director of the Stress Reduction Clinic and the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, as well as professor of medicine emeritus. He lives in the Boston area. Hor Tuck Loonhas been guiding meditation for the past twenty years, drawing parallels from many ancient wisdom teachings and also from his years of experience in the journey of mindfulness. He lives in Malaysia.
- Author(s)Jon Kabat-Zinn
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell
- Out-of-print date25/08/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width142 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.