All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn unbroken memory of the 'before life state', an enforced alignment to feelings and later, a thirst to seek answers, all contrived to become the alchemic mix that once set in motion did t allow me to cease the quest to uncover the mysteries of life. There's doubt to my mind that without being confined to a steam tent from birth due to a deficient immune system, I would never have retained the connection to the 'inner-life'. I assume that in a 'rmal' life the memory of 'life before life' fades into obscurity as new images flood the senses, even before birth - but this sensory blitz didn't happen. Using and therefore developing the senses in this physical world was limited soon after birth which must have led to a large portion of my burgeoning faculties becoming focussed on the finer feelings and images that I've since discovered perpetually stream from deep 'within'. It's a source I've grown to understand as the Soul, feelings that have been transposed into kwledge and then into wisdom after years spent tussling with trying to understand their relevance in the 'here and w'. This perceived wisdom, along with the ups and downs that gave it credence have been included in the hope it will serve to help others move towards a more peaceful and joyful life. Sat sitting, being detached, entering the 'void' or 'zone', are just a few of the terms I've heard over the years for what people relate to as a way to explain their experience of 'the silence'. It's a state of being that was thrust upon me in the first six months of life, undoubtedly reinforced by several near death experiences endured in the same period - my psyche torn back and forth across the veil to ensure the memory of the heavenly realms remained - Was the same orchestration at work to ensure that I had a mother who refused to leave my side, to be ever present to give life saving stimulation whenever silence befell me? From what I w understand, the Soul was responsible for this orchestration-, an overlighting all pervading intelligence that has apparently opened the gate to every round of life I've had since the beginning of time, gently leading me by the hand, kwing that one day I would open my eyes and 'see'. Its success in achieving this depended upon my cooperation in aligning to its wishes - or of ever wanting to! The book begins with a description of how 'inner' journeys synchronised with 'outer' experiences to abruptly awaken me to the reality of a 'pre-life' world in my late twenties, an awakening that brought almost instantly, the realisation that I'd been channelling wisdom through from this source since birth. The book continues with an account of the development that opened me increasingly to 'otherworldly' experiences that deepened my kwledge of the hidden realms of being. The storyline focuses here and there on the tribulations of keeping 'inner' development balanced with an 'outer' life as husband, father and a career in construction management. Being prompted to facilitate and teach meditation helped in this task, providing the opportunity to try out emerging and realised wisdom on literally thousands of students for more than three decades, having them produce the College requirement for 'evidence of learning'. Several Chapters include explanations, most of which are the result of wisdom gleaned from within, of how anyone can 'open up' to their Soul and choose to follow its whisperings which from my perspective and experience, always lead to a more demanding but infinitely more fulfilling life. The book concludes in the present day where insights and visions for the future are shared with a view to providing a measure of inspiration and hope to those seeking explanations as to why life is often difficult to bear.
- Author BiographyGranville's 'awakening' in the 1970's marked the beginning of a quest to unfold a deeper understanding of life and its purpose. As an integral part of the journey, inner prompting led him into deep meditation, volunteer as a Resource Person for the Findhorn Foundation, undergo teacher training and to create and develop, during thirty years of adult teaching, a learning programme entitled 'Creative Meditation' - a course available nationally via the Open College Network. Now retired, Granville spends most of his spare time focalising group discussions, meditations, workshops and presentations. He also holds 'one-to-one' sessions for those genuinely wishing to clarify and strengthen 'inner connectedness'.
- Author(s)Granville Stone
- PublisherCreative Meditations, Limited
- Date of Publication02/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreative Meditations, Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.