All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn this classic vel by Christina Stead, published here with an introduction by Carmen Callil, Letty Fox tells her story as a self-styled woman in New York's world of passion, love and sexual bargaining. As a bright, uninhibited daughter of a middle class couple who believes the world is her oyster, Letty Fox tells it all - family secrets, social scandals, her desires and self-deceptions. Letty Fox discovers that the pleasures of modern love are matched by the pain and exhaustion of a game that men and women play unequally.
- Author BiographyChristina Stead was born in Sydney in 1902, and died there in 1983. Most of her life was spent elsewhere: in London, Paris and other places in Europe, and in the United States. Her first book, The Salzburg Tales, was published in 1934, followed by twelve more works of fiction. Letty Fox is Stead's sixth novel. She was the recipient of the inaugural Patrick White Literary Prize.
- Author(s)Christina Stead
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Weight646 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Foreword byCarmen Callil
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.