About this product
- DescriptionHelp your students make those vital two levels of progress in KS3 English with this new APP focused series from Collins. Each book concentrates on moving students up one level in Reading, Writing or Speaking and Listening, covering each of the Assessment Focuses in turn These brand new books offer student-friendly explanations and activities to build, develop and extend students' speaking and listening skills, showing them precisely what they need to do to make progress. Whether you're looking for a one-off lesson, snappy starters or a longer programme of study, these flexible resources are designed to fit around the needs of your teaching and your classes. Aiming for Level 4 Speaking and Listening will help you to * Target areas of underperformance, with a chapter on each Assessment Focus and support at the right level written by experienced teachers and consultants. * Explain, build and develop the essential speaking and listening skills for this level, with clear, accessible explanations, inspiring examples and lively follow-up activities. * Motivate and engage students, with exciting stimulus texts and activities, fresh approaches to learning and a colourful, magazine-like layout. * Embed Assessment for Learning in your day-to-day teaching, with clear learning objectives, criteria for self and peer assessment on every double-page, and end of chapter Level Boosters to help students understand how to progress. * Gather evidence for your periodic APP assessments, with longer tasks flagged up throughout as APP opportunities. * Plan ahead without the stress, with ready-to-use double-page lessons and a teacher guide at the back of the book. Plus, get your students ready for Functional Skills! These books will help you build the foundations for success in the new KS4 qualification.
- Author BiographyKeith Brindle is a senior examiner and a speaking and listening advisor for a leading Awarding Body, a former Head of English and the author of numerous educational books. Nigel Carlisle has many years experience as an English teacher. He has also been a senior examiner, and speaking and listening advisor, with a leading Awarding Body. Jan Clatworthy is the Lead Consultant for English for an inner-London Beacon authority, an OFQUAL Subject Expert, a Subject Advisor for Speaking and Listening and for Controlled Assessment for a leading Awarding Body, and a Chartered Educational Assessor. She has twenty years experience as Head of English in schools in the UK and internationally. Steve Eddy is an English teacher and experienced author of many educational titles and literature study guides.
- Author(s)Keith Brindle
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleAiming for
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins Educational
- Weight219 g
- Width192 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.