All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo read Hobbes on his own terms is to discover a provocative rival to contemporary perspectives on morals and politics, one that challenges widely shared assumptions about the roots of our rights and calls into question common conclusions about the scope of political authority in a society based on the consent of the governed. At the same time, it is to encounter a complement to contemporary perspectives on the liberal state, one that offers a distinctive and powerful basis for the political order that conforms to reason and secures the conditions under which human beings with differing conceptions of the best life can pursue happiness as they each understand it.
- Author BiographyPeter Berkowitz is among the preeminent scholars in political theory today and presents a probing criticism of the Leviathan. He earned his Ph.D. in political science from Yale University, teaches law, and chairs the Hoover Task Force on the Virtues of a Free Society.
- Author(s)Thomas Hobbes
- PublisherRegnery Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRegnery Publishing Inc
- Weight611 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Introduction byPeter Berkowitz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.