About this product
- DescriptionHow can poetry embrace morality through focusing on metaphrasts? What is the relation between an allummette and the alpha rhythm? Why is it that money has turned into a metonym of goodness and success? And above all, is it still possible to think of the human subject as a viable category in late modernity? These are some of the questions that J. H. Prynne's poetry addresses. Levity of Design voices a critique of present-day society very much from within, and seeks to demonstrate how Prynne has contrived to single-handedly overcome the impasse created by the legacy of poststructuralism. In a milieu of avant-garde linguistic experiment developed from the modernist techniques of Pound and Olson, but also from the early Eliot as well as Velimir Khlebnikov, and against the background of the writings of Heidegger and Ador, these poems develop a language in which the tion of man can be restituted.
- Author BiographyWit Pietrzak is an Assisstant Professor in the Department of British Literature and Culture at the University of Lodz, Poland. He has published essays on the various aspects of the interdependence of literature and philosophy as well as articles and reviews for Polish magazines, popularizing contemporary literatures of the English-speaking countries. He is also the author of Myth, Language and Tradition: A Study of Yeats, Stevens, and Eliot in the Context of Heidegger's Search for Being.
- Author(s)Wit Pietrzak
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication25/07/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight399 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.