Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Adam Wainwright's mother was struck with LBD in 2000, he discovered an alarming lack of material for understanding, treating, and living with the disease. After his mother passed, he worked with Erik Stevenson, MD to create a book aimed t just at caregiving but only helping patients understand the disease and the disease process. In Lewy Body Dementia: Causes, Tests and Treatment Options, the authors provide the reader with an abundance of information that is easy to understand and can be applied to the lives of those that are affected by this disease whether they are friends or family. The book guides you through the battery of diagstics that should be performed to eliminate other disease processes. These include laboratory work, mental assessment, neurological exams, and an electroencephalogram. You'll also discover which medications work -- and which should be avoided at all costs. The caregiver's guide prepares loved ones for the journey of caring for a LBD patient. Finally, a comprehensive resources section has dozens of LBD resources, from national organizations to online support groups. If you or a loved one are suffering from LBD, this informative book gives you all the information you need to kw about the causes, tests and treatment options for this devastating disease. Also includes a comprehensive LBD glossary and caregiver tips.
- Author BiographyAdam Wainwright MA, Erik Stevenson MD and Deanna Miller RN have a combined four decades working in the medical field, including caring for and treating LBD patients.
- Author(s)Adam Wainwright Ma
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byErik Stevenson MD
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.