All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book contains a state-of-the-art summary of the theoretical discussions within the field of lexicography during the last decades. On this basis it presents and argues for a new general theory, called the function theory.It goes on to develop this theory in one single field, i.e. learners lexicography where it both formulates the basic elements of a general theory for learners' dictionaries as well as a number of specific theories for special subfields such as selection, meaning, semantic relations, morphology, syntactic properties and word combinations. It contains a big number of examples extracted from existing dictionaries which are discussed from the point of view of the theories formulated.
- Author BiographySven Tarp, Center for Lexicography, Aarhus School of Business, University of Aarhus, Danemark.
- Author(s)Sven Tarp
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- Series TitleLexicographica. Series Maior
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 134
- Place of PublicationTubingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMax Niemeyer Verlag GmbH & Co KG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 schw.-w. Abb.
- Weight537 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.