All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo years ago, something terrible was unleashed in an Australian mining town called Broken Hill. Thousands died. Few people kw what really happened. Emily Ruff is one of them. She belongs to an elite organisation of 'poets': masters of manipulation who use language to warp others to their will. She was one of their most promising recruits until she made a catastrophic mistake: she fell in love. Wil Parke kws the truth too, only he doesn't remember it. And he doesn't kw why he's immune to the poets' powers. But he kws he needs to run. As their stories converge, the past is revealed, and the race is on for a deadly weapon: a word. Because the poets kw that words can kill...
- Author BiographyMax Barry is the author of four previous novels, including New York Times Notable Book Jennifer Government and Syrup, soon to be a major film. He is also the creator of the internet mini-phenomenon NationStates, an online political simulation game. He lives in Melbourne, Australia, with his wife and two daughters. He is a cat person. Visit Max Barry's website at maxbarry.com, find him at facebook.com/maxbarry or follow him on twitter.com/maxbarry.
- PrizesWinner of YALSA Alex Award 2014 and Aurealis Award for Excellence in Fiction: Best Science Fiction Novel 2013. Shortlisted for Aurealis Award for Excellence in Fiction: Best Fantasy Novel 2013.
- Author(s)Max Barry
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMulholland Books
- Weight662 g
- Width158 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.