All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<p>Praise for Ben Pastor's Lumen <p> Pastor's plot is well crafted, her prose sharp. . . . A disturbing mix of detection and reflection. -- Publishers Weekly <p> Rivets the reader with its twist of historical realities. A historical piece, it faithfully reproduces the grim canvas of war. A character study, it captures the thoughts and actions of real people, t stereotypes. -- The Free Lance-Star <p> And don't miss Lumen by Ben Pastor. . . . An interesting, original, and melancholy tale. -- Literary Review <p>Italy, September 1943. The Italian government switches sides and declares war on Germany. The rth of Italy is controlled by the fascist puppets of Germany; the south liberated by Allied forces fighting their way up the peninsula.<p>Having survived hell on the Russian front, Wehrmacht major and aristocrat Baron Martin von Bora is sent to Verona. He is ordered to investigate the murder of a prominent local fascist: a bizarre death threatening to discredit the regime's public image. The prime suspect is the victim's twenty-eight-year-old widow Clara.<p>Haunted by his record of opposition to SS policies in Russia, Bora must watch his step. Against the backdrop of relentless anti-partisan warfare and the tragedy of the Holocaust, a breathless chase begins.<p>Ben Pastor, born and w back in Italy, lived for thirty years in the United States, working as a university professor in Vermont. The first in the Martin Bora series, Lumen, was published by Bitter Lemon Press in May 2011.
- Author BiographyBen Pastor: Ben Pastor, born in Italy, lived for thirty years in the United States, working as a university professor in Vermont. She is the author of other novels including The Water Thief and The Fire Walker (set in Roman times and published to high acclaim in the US by St. Martin s Press), and is considered one of the most talented writers in the field of historical fiction. In 2008 she won the prestigious Premio Zaragoza for best historical fiction. She writes in English.
- Author(s)Ben Pastor
- PublisherBitter Lemon Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBitter Lemon Press
- Weight249 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.