Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Capgrave (1393-1464) was the Prior of Bishop's Lynn, and the most learned Augustinian friar of his time. Although he was the author of forty-one scholarly works, only twelve survive. This work was dedicated to King Henry VI and chronicles the lives of other great Henries, including six emperors of Germany and six kings of England (including the dedicatee himself). Largely compilations of other sources, his extensive accounts demonstrate the breadth of the scholarship for which he was kwn. This antated edition was commissioned as part of the Rolls Series, a project designed, in an early campaign for ease of access to scholarly material, to put more historical sources into print. Edited by F. C. Hingeston and first published in 1858, it includes Capgrave's full Latin text and a glossary, thorough biographical tes, and chapter-by-chapter summaries, offering a useful resource for students of medieval history.
- Author(s)John Capgrave
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Rolls
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 colour illus.
- Weight580 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byFrancis Charles Hingeston
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.