All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiber Lunae & Sepher ha-Levanah offers access to two rare esoteric texts on Moon magic. Liber Lunae has been transcribed from a sixteenthcentury English manuscript, antated, and supplemented with modernized English. The three major sections include: The Mansions of the Moon, which describes the operations of the twenty-eight constellations of the lunar zodiac, their magical virtues, and their names; The Hours of the Day and Night, which describes the operations of the twelve hours of the day and the night, their virtues, talismanic images, angels to invoke, and names; and The Figures of the Planets, which describes each planet's magic square, virtue, suffumigation, magical directions, and inscription. There's also transcriptions of related material (on talismanic images) from other sections of Sloane MS 3826. Also included: A. W. Greenup's 1912 edition of Sefer ha-Levanah, a Hebrew version of the Liber Lunae material, along with a full translation by Calanit Nachshon.
- Author BiographyStephen Skinner began his career as a Geography lecturer and magazine publisher, but his long term interests have always been Western magic and feng shui. During the 1970s he was the driving force behind Askin Publishers, producing a number of classic magical works by Cornelius Agrippa, Paracelsus, Austin Osman Spare, Aleister Crowley, and others. During the 1970s he co-wrote many books with Francis King, including the still popular Techniques of High Magic. Also with Francis King he wrote Nostradamus. His interest in prophecy stimulated by this book, he went on to write the best selling Millennium Prophecies. Stephen is credited with bringing the art of Feng Shui to the West, and in 1976 he wrote the Living Earth Manual of Feng Shui, which was the first English book on feng shui in the 20th century. Stephen has written more than 35 books, which have been published worldwide in 28 different languages. These books have had introductions by such diverse people as Colin Wilson, HRH Charles Prince of Wales, and Jimmy Choo, shoe designer to the stars. Stephen lives in Singapore. Stephen is the first Westerner to be awarded the title of Grand Master of Feng Shui by the International Feng Shui Association.
- Author(s)Don Karr,Dr Stephen Skinner
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications
- Date of Publication08/03/2012
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, frontispiece
- Weight635 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.