All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPabongka Rinpoche was one the twentieth century's most charismatic and revered Tibetan lamas, and in Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand we can see why. In this famous twenty-four-day teaching on the lamrim, or stages of the path, Pabongka Rinpoche weaves together lively stories and quotations with frank observations and practical advice to move readers step by step along the journey to buddhahood. When his student Trijang Rinpoche first edited and published these teachings in Tibetan, an instant classic was born. The flavor and immediacy of the original Tibetan are preserved in Michael Richards' fluid and lively translation, which is w substantially revised in this new edition.
- Author BiographyPabongka Rinpoche (1878-1941) was one of the great lamas of the twentieth century. He was the root lama of both tutors of the present Dalai Lama and the teacher of many of the other Tibetan lamas who have been bringing the Dharma to the West. Trijang Rinpoche (1901-81) was the foremost student of Pabongka Rinpoche, the Junior Tutor of the present Dalai Lama, and the root lama of many of the first generation of great Gelug masters to teach in the West. Michael Richards is an Australian scholar who lived in the Tibetan exile community of Dharamsala for many years.
- Author(s)Pabongpa Rinpoche,Trijang Rinpoche
- PublisherWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSomerville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1161 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine46 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.