All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe ideals of the French Revolution inflamed a longing for liberty and equality within courageous, freethinking women of the era women who played vital roles in the momentous events that reshaped their nation and the world. In Liberty, Lucy Moore paints a vivid portrait of six extraordinary Frenchwomen from vastly different social and ecomic backgrounds who helped stoke the fervor and idealism of those years, and who risked everything to make their mark on history.Germaine de Stael was a wealthy, passionate Parisian intellectual as consumed by love affairs as she was by politics who helped write the 1791 Constitution. Theroigne de Mericourt was an unhappy courtesan who fell in love with revolutionary ideals. Exuberant, decadent Theresia Tallien was a ruthless manipulator instrumental in engineering Robespierre's downfall. Their stories and others provide a fascinating new perspective on one of history's most turbulent epochs.
- Author(s)Lucy Moore
- PublisherHarper Perennial
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleP.S.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Perennial
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight445 g
- Width137 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.