Liberty's Furniture 1875 -1915: The Birth of Modern Interior Design by Daryl Bennett (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $148.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Liberty's Furniture 1875 -1915' provides the clearest and most comprehensive account of early Liberty furniture to date. A definitive work of reference, the volume outlines the company's unique contribution to the British Arts and Crafts style.Throughout the history of the Arts and Crafts Movement, Liberty & Co. always enjoyed a prominent position. With imaginative design, high quality construction, and state of the art marketing, the company was responsible for some of the most beautiful and enduring pieces of furniture from that period. Drawing on archive material and reviews in contemporary journals and magazines, Liberty's Furniture 1875-1915 examines the key features and different styles of Liberty's furniture design, as it evolved through a variety of genres including Oriental, Arts and Crafts and 'modern country cottage'. Illustrations from the Liberty catalogues enable readers to see how both the products and promotional styles of the company developed, whilst the many colour photographs show a wide selection of items - from the Athelstan suite and Culloden sideboard to the Thebes stools and Witlaf chairs. Giving particular attention to the work of Leonard Wyburd, the man responsible for some of the most important elements of the Liberty style, this volume represents an invaluable evidence base for collectors and auction houses alike.
- Author BiographyDaryl Bennett has a long-standing interest in researching the British Arts and Crafts Movement and has worked with several British art galleries and museums to present exhibitions on its furniture and copper work. He is keen to improve the evidence base for attribution and to encourage collectors to access and share information from public archives in libraries and museums. He is the author of 'Shapland and Petter: Arts and Crafts Furniture', and co-author of 'Newlyn Copper Arts and Crafts Copper work in Newlyn' .
- Author(s)Daryl Bennett
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication30/05/2012
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note414 Colour, 210 B&W
- Weight2136 g
- Width237 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.