Licence to Grow: Innovating Sustainable Development by Connecting Values by Sander Mager, Barbara Regeer, Yvonne van Oorsouw (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSustainable development is about fundamentally changing our ways of working, and our ways of working together. Change in goals and practices, in the very paradigm of one's aims to realise the desired change via a multi-stakeholder approach; bringing together people from the worlds of business, policy, science, and societal organisations. In our networked society there is great potential for unlikely allies to co-develop and co-create new values by connecting values held by different stakeholders. Incorporating different societal and ecological values into the primary process of a business results in a '3P value proposition' which, in return, adds value to the People, Planet and Profit dimensions of society. Entrepreneurs who successfully manage to connect a business case opportunity to a societal and environmental challenge have a 'license to grow'. At a deeper level, this process of value co-creation evokes system-adaption: a change of deeply rooted patterns of action and thought, and with it the corrosion of structures that we have built around these patterns. This book provides lessons learned by the next generation of professionals, from entrepreneurs to managers and policymakers to researchers, and people in every other function in between. It is based on experiences drawn from the Dutch invation program TransForum and is combined with scientific research on interactive learning in action by the Athena institute at VU University Amsterdam. Together, these experiences and insights shape the approach of Connected Value Development. Its practical applicability will give readers a head start when embarking on a process of profound change.
- Author BiographyBarbara Regeer is a Dutch philosopher, scholar, and assistant professor at VU University Amsterdam. Sander Mager is the director and owner of Licence to Grow, a spin-off organization of TransForum Innovation Program on Sustainable Agriculture where he was vice president. He is also a senior strategy adviser for the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality (LNV) in the Netherlands. Yvonne van Oorsouw is a project manager and concept developer at Athena Institute for Research on Innovation and Communication in Health and Life Sciences.
- Author(s)Barbara Regeer,Sander Mager,Yvonne van Oorsouw
- PublisherVU University Press
- Date of Publication04/07/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintVU University Press
- Content Notecolour line drawings, colour tables, figures
- Weight730 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.