All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's Nonna Mima's birthday, and Nonna Lidia and her grandkids are determined to throw her a surprise feast! While planning the evening's menu, Nonna Lidia shares her memories of growing up on the farm during each season of the year, gardening her own fruits and vegetables, and being surrounded by animals of all kinds. After a trip to the farmers' market, Lidia and the kids prepare a pasta primavera, perfect for a family celebration! Renee Graef's warm, heartfelt illustrations capture Lidia Bastianich's love for her family and the food that they share. Included are eighteen recipes that emphasize the ingredients abundant during each season and the use of leftover ingredients, while Kids Can suggestions te ways that kids can participate in the making of the meals. Whether you are looking for an intergenerational family story or are a fan of America's favorite Italian chef, Nonna's Birthday Surprise delivers a savory treat.
- Author BiographyLidia Bastianich first learned how to cook in Italy when she was a little girl. She now owns four restaurants in New York City, one in Pittsburgh, and one in Kansas City. She has three television shows on PBS, including Lidia's Italy, and is the author of numerous bestselling cookbooks and the children's book, Nonna Tell Me a Story: Lidia's Christmas Kitchen. In addition, Lidia has her own line of pasta sauces, a winery in Italy, and loves to cook with her five grandchildren. She lives in Long Island, NY. You can visit her online at lidiasitaly.com and via Twitter @LidiaBastianich. Renee Graef has illustrated over 70 books for children, including the Kirsten series in the American Girl collection and many of the My First Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. She has also illustrated classics such as The Nutcracker and My Favorite Things, as well as books on American icons Mount Rushmore and Paul Bunyan. She lives in Cedarburg, Wisconsin, with her family, and you can visit her online at graefillustration.com.
- Author(s)Lidia Bastianich
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationReading, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerseus Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width221 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Renee Graef
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.