All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lieberman Open Orthodox Haggadah (the Orlofsky Edition) addresses some of the burning issues of our times through the lens of the rituals and texts of the Seder night. As we recognise that in every generation we are to seek liberation and freedom, this Haggadah demonstrates an activism that stems from -- rather than being stymied by -- our ancient traditions. Open Orthodoxy is a stream of Orthodoxy that combines a strict adherence to Jewish law with an openness and flexibility on certain contemporary issues. With contributions from prominent and original thinkers and an introduction to the term Open Orthodoxy from Rabbi Avi Weiss, this Haggadah discusses some of these cutting-edge concerns -- such as women as clergy within Orthodoxy (i.e., the Maharat phemen), the agunah crisis, and the interaction between Jews and Gentiles.
- Author BiographyShmuel Herzfeld is the rabbi of Ohev Sholom The National Synagogue, and the oldest Orthodox synagogue in Washington, DC. He received rabbinic ordination from the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary, an affiliate of Yeshiva University, and a master's degree in Jewish history from Bernard Revel Graduate School of Yeshiva University. His first book was Fifty-Four Pick Up: Fifteen-Minute Inspirational Torah Lessons. He lives in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Shmuel Herzfeld
- PublisherGefen Publishing House
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintGefen Publishing House
- Weight484 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.