All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople - friends, family members, work colleagues, salespeople - lie to us all the time. Daily, hourly, constantly. None of us are immune, and all of us are victims. According to studies by several different researchers, most of us encounter nearly two hundred lies a day. Now there's something we can do about it. Liespotting links three disciplines - facial recognition training, interrogation training, and a comprehensive survey of research in the field - into a specialized body of information developed specifically to help business leaders detect deception and get the information they need to successfully conduct their most important interactions and transactions. Some of the nation's leading business executives have learned to use these methods to root out lies in high stakes situations. Why? Because a global Deception Epidemic has emerged, that began with Enron, Worldcom, and the dot-com bust, and has w peaked with the mortgage crisis, Madoff and a fourteen billion dollar tainted milk controversy in China. Trust has hit an all time low. Liespotting is the first book to bring years of kwledge - previously found only in the intelligence community, police training academies, and universities - into the corporate boardroom, the manager's meeting, the job interview, the legal proceeding, the deal negotiation, and everyday transactions.
- Author BiographyPamela Meyer is founder and CEO of Simpatico Networks, a leading private label social networking company that owns and operates online social networks. She holds an MBA from Harvard, an MA in Public Policy from Claremont Graduate School, and is a Certified Fraud Examiner. She has extensive training in advanced interviewing and interrogation techniques, facial micro-expression reading, body language interpretation, statement analysis, and behavior elicitation techniques. For the book Liespotting, she worked with a team of researchers over several years and completed a comprehensive survey of all of the published research on deception detection. The most interesting highlights from the research survey are included in the book, while additional new findings are regularly featured on her blog.
- Author(s)Pamela Meyer
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2010
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date22/06/2011
- Content Note1x8-page b/w photo insert
- Weight349 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.