Life: An Unauthorized Biography: A Natural History of the First Four Thousand Million Years of Life on Earth by Richard A. Fortey (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA magisterial exploration of the natural history of the first four thousand million years of life on and in the earth, by one of Britain's most dazzling science writers. What do any of us kw about the history of our planet before the arrival of man? Most of us have a dim impression of a swirling mass of dust solidifying to form a volcanic globe, briefly populated by disaurs, then by woolly mammoths and finally by our own hairy ancestors. This book, aimed at the curious and intelligent but perhaps mildly uninformed reader, brilliantly dispels such lingering tions forever. At the end of the book we understand the complexity of the history of life on earth, and the complexity of how it has come to be understood, as, perhaps, from other single volume. The result is enthralling.
- Author BiographyRichard Fortey is a senior palaeontologist at the Natural History Museum. He is the author of several books including The Hidden Landscape, which won the Natural World Book of the Year in 1993.
- PrizesShortlisted for Rhone-Poulenc Science Books Prize 1998.
- Author(s)Richard A. Fortey
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/04/1998
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note24pp illustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.