All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains a collection of topical chapters that promote interdisciplinary approaches to biological systems, focusing on fundamental and relevant connections between chemistry and life. Included are studies and experiments as well as invited lectures and tes by prominent leaders on a wide variety of topics in biology and biochemistry. By describing the complementary nature of chemistry and biology, the book presents the biological processes in detailed chemical terms, providing a fascinating look into the emerging field of chemical biology.
- Author BiographyRoman Joswik, PhD is director of the Military Institute of Chemistry and Radiometry in Warsaw, Poland. He is a specialist in the field of physical chemistry, chemical physics, radiochemistry, organic chemistry, and applied chemistry. He has published several hundred original scientific papers as well as reviews in the field of radiochemistry and applied chemistry. Gennady E. Zaikov, DSc, is head of the Polymer Division at the N. M. Emanuel Institute of Biochemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia, and professor at Moscow State Academy of Fine Chemical Technology, Russia, as well as professor at Kazan National Research Technological University, Kazan, Russia. He is also a prolific author, researcher, and lecturer. He has received several awards for his work, including the Russian Federation Scholarship for Outstanding Scientists. He has been a member of many professional organizations and on the editorial boards of many international science journals. A. K. Haghi, PhD, holds a BSc in urban and environmental engineering from University of North Carolina (USA); a MSc in mechanical engineering from North Carolina A&T State University (USA); a DEA in applied mechanics, acoustics and materials from Universite de Technologie de Compiegne (France); and a PhD in engineering sciences from Universite de Franche-Comte (France). He is the author and editor of 165 books as well as 1000 published papers in various journals and conference proceedings. Dr. Haghi has received several grants, consulted for a number of major corporations, and is a frequent speaker to national and international audiences. Since 1983, he served as a professor at several universities. He is currently editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Chemoinformatics and Chemical Engineering and Polymers Research Journal and on the editorial boards of many international journals. He is a member of the Canadian Research and Development Center of Sciences and Cultures (CRDCSC), Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication17/06/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byA. K. Haghi,Gennady E. Zaikov,Roman Joswik
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.