All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative introduction to bioethics, Life Choices examines a comprehensive range of ethical questions and brings together some of the most probing and instructive essays published in the field. Some of the articles are classics in the literature of bioethics, while others address current issues. Topics include moral decision making, abortion, euthanasia and assisted suicide, life-sustaining techlogies, organ transplantation, reproductive techlogies, and the allocation of health care resources. This second edition features new sections on the goals and allocation of medicine and on the cloning of human beings. It also includes new articles on genetics, the duty to die, and ethical theory. Written by the foremost authorities in bioethics, Life Choices provides a comprehensive introduction to the field. Instructors who have used the first edition as a text will welcome this new, updated edition. Scholars and health care practitioners will find it useful as a valuable reference on a wide range of bioethical issues.
- Author BiographyJoseph H. Howell is director of instructional technology at Pensacola Junior College. William Frederick Sale is chair of the social science division and associate professor of philosophy at Gulf Coast Community College in Panama City, Florida.
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication24/01/2000
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleHastings Center Studies in Ethics Series
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight817 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJoseph H. Howell,William Frederick Sale
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.