All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCradle-to-grave analyses are becoming the rm, as an increasing amount of corporations and government agencies are basing their procurement decisions t only on initial costs but also on life cycle costs. And while life cycle costing has been covered in journals and conference proceedings, few, if any, books have gathered this information into an easily accessible resource. Eliminating the need to consult many different sources, Life Cycle Costing for Engineers brings together up-to-date life cycle costing concepts and explains their application in various industrial sectors. The author sets the scene with a chapter on fundamental ecomics followed by a chapter on reliability and maintainability, providing background information and platform for further understanding. He then discusses life cycle costing fundamentals, models and estimation methods, reliability, quality, safety, and manufacturing costing, and maintenance, maintainability, usability, and warranty costing. The book includes life cycle costing for computer systems and software, transportation systems, aircraft turbine engines, cargo ships, rail systems, civil engineering structures, and energy systems. An in-depth look at cost estimation models and engineering reliability and maintainability topics such as bathtub hazard rate curve, common reliability networks, general reliability, mean time to failure, and hazard rate formulas round out the coverage. Filled with examples, tables, figures, and equations, this book integrates life cycle costing concepts for use in industrial and other sectors. It provides a modern treatment of the subject that can easily be applied to any industry.
- Author BiographyB.S. Dhillon is a professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ottawa.
- Author(s)B. S. Dhillon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication27/10/2009
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.