About this product
- DescriptionAbout the Series
Each book in this essential series reveals the life cycles of ten animals in a particular habitat which link together to create three food chains. At the end of the book a simple overview helps readers understand how the three food chains interact to create a food web- the perfect first introduction to this core science concept. Because the harsh environment of the desert makes resources scarce, the animals that make their home in the world's driest environments are intimately interconnected. This highly-visual title explores three desert food chains in three of the globe's driest regions: the Kalahari in Africa, the Australian Outback, and the Mojave Desert in the US Southwest. Along with a clear explanation of each lifecycle, the book highlights three key facts about each animal, and color-codes the foodchains for easy navigation. From the smallest inhabitants like the termite and the millipede, right through the predators at the top of the food chain such as the Jackal and the Bobcat, young readers will thoroughly understand how each animal is critical for sustaining the entire desert ecosystem.
- Author BiographySean Callery is a writer and primary-school teacher. He has written a number of
information books for publishers such as HarperCollins and Which?, as well as musicals
and educational articles.
- Author(s)Sean Callery
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleLifecycles (Kingfisher)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKingfisher Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width236 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.