Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionLife Happens: A Memoir is an honest account of a girl growing up in a small seaside town in Yorkshire where everyone made a point of kwing everyone's business, but nevertheless a town which afforded the kind of freedom and simple delights which are t too available today, in spite of so much change and progress. It recounts a more incent time, but one when young people had to face the reality of and adjust to the 2nd World War years, and during which our girl learnt how to cope and appreciate the value of love. It's also about growing up in a 34-bedroom seasonal hotel in the town, the impact of its being requisitioned by the army at the onset of war, falling in love (and falling out of it), hopes, dreams, and disappointments, and eventually finding love with Mr (Very) Right. About the Author Elear Clapham returned to live in Whitby in 2004 after more than 30 years working as a specialist Chemical Dependency Therapist. She w lives near family in Devon and is writing further memoirs of her life.
- Author(s)E. D. Clapham
- Date of Publication22/07/2015
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.