All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionElaine Dundy, a New Yorker born in the 1930s, is the author of The Dud Avocado , based on a year she spent in Paris. Here she presents her memoirs which begin in classy apartments on Park Lane before the Crash, include a wild and funny time as an actress in Paris and London, and reveal all about her disastrous marriage to theatre critic Kenneth Tynan. Her literary and theatrical circle - which included Peter Finch (about whom she later wrote a biography) and Tennesse Williams, Hemingway and Gore Vidal - is presented along with poignant remembrances of growing up in America in the 40s, and a literary and theatrical life in Paris and London.
- Author BiographyElaine Dundy was born in New York. As an actress she worked in Paris and London and then became a writer. She has written plays, biographies and novels including the bestselling THE DUD AVOCADO, her first novel. She lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Elaine Dundy
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication14/06/2001
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date31/12/2009
- Content NoteSection: 16, B&W
- Weight741 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.