Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is your essential pocket guide to any rocky shore or intertidal rock platform in Victoria, SA, Tasmania or NSW. Adults and children alike love exploring rockpools. 'Life on the Rocky Shores' was first produced in 1980 to help people appreciate these wonderful environments. Now there's a completely revised, full colour edition describing 96 intertidal plants and animals. In 2002 the Victorian Government established 13 marine national parks and 11 marine sanctuaries, protecting around 5% of the state's marine areas. However, since then there have been substantial marine protection initiatives in Victoria. To reclaim our state's position as a leader in marine and coastal conservation both within Australia and internationally, the VNPA believes that the State Government should w commit to protecting more of Victoria's marine areas, in line with current international standards. Climate change, overexploitation of marine resources, marine pollution and other threats and issues make this an even more urgent task. By raising people's awareness of marine environments, this book will help conserve rocky shores and their flora and fauna into the future.
- PublisherVictorian National Parks Association
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintVictorian National Parks Association
- Width105 mm
- Height148 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.