All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing life story work, a way for people with dementia to connect with their relatives, carers and the professionals working with them. This evidence-based book explains the many benefits of life story work, with practical guidance for introducing it in a variety of settings. The authors show how life story work can empower people with dementia to inform care practitioners and family members what care and support they may need w and in the future, by taking into account their past and their future wishes and aspirations. The book includes practical information on how to get started, ethical considerations such as consent and confidentiality, and considers issues of diversity and how to address them. The voices of practitioners, researchers and family carers sit alongside those of people living with dementia to present a wide-range of perspectives on life story work.
- Author BiographyPolly Kaiser has worked with people with dementia since 1984, first as a researcher in England and France and subsequently as a clinical psychologist. She was the National Lead for Mental Health in Later Life for the National Mental Health Development Unit (NMHDU - 2009-2011). She was a founding director of the National Life Story Network. She is a consultant clinical psychologist in Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust and is an honorary lecturer at the University of Manchester doctoral training program for clinical psychologists. Ruth Eley is a qualified social worker and former deputy Director of Social Services. As the former National Programme Lead for Older People and Dementia in the Department of Health she contributed to the development of the English National Dementia Strategy and led its implementation support. She is a trustee of a Housing Association in Wales.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byPolly Kaiser,Ruth Eley
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.