All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone experiences some level of apprehension about big decisions - from wedding day jitters to new job nerves. But what about the quieter, less ticeable fears that creep into everyday life? Fearing intimacy, change, or failure may sound cliche, but for most people, such deeply embedded anxieties can act as subconscious saboteurs. In Life Unlocked , Harvard psychotherapist Dr. Srinivasan Pillay draws from cutting-edge research in psychology and neuroscience to show readers that the biggest roadblock to happiness is fear. Brain imaging studies reveal that when fear is reframed, a person can become less fearful. In fact, fear itself doesn't cause anxiety-fear of fear is what causes anxiety and dread.
- Author BiographyDr. Srini Pillay is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and is the former Director of the Outpatient Anxiety Disorders Program at Harvard's McLean Hospital.
- Author(s)Srinivasan S. Pillay
- PublisherRodale Press
- Date of Publication29/07/2011
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Press
- Content Note12 illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.