All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of a Books for a Better Life AwardMany people who find themselves stuck in life are vaguely aware that fear is responsible for holding them back. Whether it's a fear of intimacy, mortality, success, or failure, the majority of us experience an inhibiting fear at some point in our lives. Naming these fears and examining them is critical to becoming aware of and, eventually, overcoming them. Life Unlocked - by Srinivasan S. Pillay, MD - draws from cutting-edge research in human psychology and neuroscience to illuminate the ways in which fear applies a brake to our movement through life. Informed by the latest breakthroughs in brain imaging and psychiatry, Dr. Pillay offers readers an enlightening understanding of how our brains work and physically process feelings of fear and anxiety. Based on this research, and his extensive clinical experience with patients, Dr. Pillay has developed 7 essential lessons to help move people past their fears: 1. What you don't kw can hurt you2. Dread is t something you feel; it is something you attend to3. If it's hard to change, it is t unchangeable4. We all kw that we fear failure, but fear of success is equally relevant5. Attachments are t just crucial to survival; they affect your physiology6. Fear-based prejudice may register entirely outside of awareness7. Trauma can impact the developing brainIn Life Unlocked, Dr. Pillay examines a wide breadth of issues and shares real examples from his practice to show readers that when they are able to move past the things that limit them, they can truly unlock their potential, and their lives.
- Author BiographySRINIVASAN S. PILLAY, MD, serves on the faculty of Harvard Medical School and is the director of the Panic Disorders Research Program at Harvard's McLean Hospital. He lives in Boston.
- Author(s)Srinivasan S Pillay MD
- PublisherRodale Incorporated
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width145 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- refabjohn14 Jul, 2016by
love Dr Pillay's work
this book is fantastic, I recommended it to all!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.