All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn light of the crisis surrounding traditional media and the radical changes resulting from the advent of the Internet and the social media, various media outlets have argued, or more subtly, hinted at the demise of the printed news, or the end of traditional media. This backdrop forms the genesis for this thought-provoking and provocative volume for imagining life without media. While there is some skepticism toward the radical hypothesis of the death of the media, there is mounting concern, at the same time, regarding the changing media space(s) and the relevance of the media's roles and places in different and diverse social spheres. Unanimously, contributors report that while these roles and places have changed, the difficulty lies in where and how to delineate them. The chapters provide some answers to the hypothesis of life without media, and in many instances raise new questions and doubts.
- Author BiographyKlaus Zilles is an associate professor at the Blanquerna School of Communication Studies and International Relations at Ramon Llull University in Barcelona, Spain. He holds a PhD in English and German Philology from the University of Heidelberg. He has authored Rolando Hinojosa: A Reader's Guide (2001) and co-edited, with Fernando Clemot, En la frontera: i migliori racconti della narrativa chicana (2008). Eva Comas is a journalist and has a PhD in Communication Studies from Ramon Llull University. She is the author of La radio en essencia (2009) and her most recent publications (co-authored) are Un mundo sin periodicos (A World without Newspapers) (2010) and Advertising Characteristics and Strategies in Prime Time Sports Broadcasts (2011). She has worked as a media consultant for the Catalonian government (la Generalitat de Catalunya) and for the president of Ramon Llull University. Joan Cuenca is a strategic consultant and faculty member of the department of Advertising and Public Relations at the Blanquerna School of Communication Studies and International Relations. He holds a PhD in Communication Studies from Ramon Llull University, Spain, and his most recent book is Auditorias de Relaciones Publicas (2012). He is a founding member of the research group ESTISMA (Strategy and Issues Management in Public Relations and Corporate Communication).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication22/08/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight440 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEva Comas,Joan Cuenca,Klaus Zilles
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.