All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book benefited from the financial support of a French Government scholarship between 1976 and 1978. It sponsored a doctoral thesis in which initial theoretical, empirical, and historical reflections on acci- dents were developed and written while I was a student at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales in Paris. The New Zealand Depart- ment of Labour funded a study on industrial accidents and night work during 1979-80. In 1982-83, the award of a postdoctoral fellowship by the University of Canterbury (New Zealand) permitted a first version of this book to be finished. In the summer of 1986-87 the Funda~ao de Amparo a Pesquisa do Estado de Sao Paulo (FAPESP) and the Labora- toire d'Ergomie et de Neurophysiologie du Travail of the Centre Na- tional des Arts et Metiers joined forces to fund a stay in Paris where the second draft of this book was presented in a special doctoral seminar series. The third draft was completed during a 1988 research leave granted by the Conjunto de Ciencia Politica of the Universidade Es- tadual de Campinas (UNICAMP). On a further research leave from the same unit, and thanks to a postdoctoral fellowship from the Brazilian Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Cientifico e Tecl6gico (CNPq), final redrafting was carried out between August and October 1990 when I was a visiting fellow in the Science, Techlogy, and Society Program at Cornell University. I am deeply grateful to these institutions for their generosity.
- Author(s)Tom Dwyer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleSpringer Studies in Work and Industry
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight475 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.