All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to: Actively develop a child's sense of health and wellbeingUnderstand a child's tantrumsEngage a child's cooperation through simple reasoningResolve conflicts calmly This revolutionary series, written by two child psychologists, provides the perfect platform to explore a broad range of family issues and questions that children have as they grow up and try to make sense of the world around them. Each illustrated spread poses important, commonly-asked questions around health care and well-being, such as Why do I have to eat my greens? , Why do I have to bathe at night? and Why can't I sleep with you? , which help little ones to discuss their feelings. Includes explanations and advice for parents and carers throughout.
- Author BiographyDR CHRISTOPHER McCURRY, PhD is a clinical child psychologist in Seattle, Washington. He received a Master's in Developmental Psychology in 1985 from San Francisco State University and a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Nevada. Chris is the author of two books; Parenting Your Anxious Child with Mindfulness and Acceptance, and Working with Parents of Anxious Children. EMMA WADDINGTON has a PhD in Psychology and an MSc. in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). Over the last 19 years Dr Emma Waddington has worked and studied in the field of mental health. During her time in the UK she worked as a clinical psychologist and CBT psychotherapist in local services, hospitals and in the private sector. Her work has always been primarily focused on children and families. She is a registered Clinical Psychologist with the British Health Professions Council and is a chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society. Currently, Emma lives in Singapore with her husband and her two young boys, and is an Associate Professor in the Psychology Department of National University Singapore. LOUIS THOMAS graduated from Gobelins, Paris and Calarts, Los Angeles in 2012. He then worked full time in Californian animation studios, before returning to France. Louis currently lives and works with his cat Pipo in his art studio, which can be found between the Pantheon and the Luxembourg Gardens.
- Author(s)Christopher McCurry,Emma Waddington
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleLife and Soul Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
- Illustrator(s)Louis Thomas
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $35.61
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $52.57
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $47.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.