All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Life at Shut-in Valley: And Other Pacific Coast Tales Shut-in Valley lay bathed in sunlight - the bright, intense sunlight of California, that burns and crisps but does t wilt. Down the white, winding road a cloud of dust betokened the swift gallop of a stray horseman - some hunter, probably, or a visitor from the town, twenty-five miles away, to one of the ranches still farther up the mountains. No further sign of life was manifest, save in the doorway of a low, weather beaten cabin at the extreme lower end of the valley, where a young woman in a plain calico gown stood, with her deep blue eyes wearily scanning the landscape. Not even the rude and uninviting setting of this living picture could detract from its plainly apparent claim to more than ordinary interest. It was a graceful figure and a high-bred face - delicate, sensitive, full of intelligence and refinement, of sadness, too, as its owner slowly turned away and disappeared from sight. What a life! Marian Curtis was saying in her heart. How can I endure it? About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Clara Spalding Brown
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.