All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionProceeding from basic fundamentals to applications, this volume provides a comprehensive overview of the use of AFM and related scanning probe microscopies for cell surface analysis. It covers all cell types, from viruses and protoplasts to bacteria and animal cells. It also discusses a range of advanced AFM modalities, including high-resolution imaging, naindentation measurements, recognition imaging, and single-molecule and single-cell force spectroscopy. The book covers methodologies for preparing and analyzing cells and membranes of all kinds and highlights recent examples to illustrate the power of AFM techniques in life sciences and namedicine.
- Author BiographyYves Dufrene received his engineering degree in chemistry and bioindustries (in 1991) and a PhD degree in biophysical chemistry (in 1996) at the Universite catholique de Louvain (UCL, Belgium). After a postdoc at the Naval Research Laboratory (Washington DC, USA), he became research associate (2000) of the Belgian National Fund for Scientific Research and lecturer in physical chemistry and nanobiotechnology at UCL. He is currently the head of the Laboratory of Chemistry of Interfaces.
- PublisherPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 133 colour illustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byYves Dufrene
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.