Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the Romans came to Britain in AD 43, they brought a new style of domestic life, one that better-off Britons soon copied. This informative guide looks at how villas were built, and at the accommodation and daily life villa residents enjoyed - their living rooms and bedrooms, kitchens and baths, gardens and courtyards, furniture and food, and the servants and slaves who kept the villa running. Illustrated with site photos from Roman villas around Britain, archaeological treasures, and museum reconstructions of villa interiors, this is a fascinating look at life in Roman Britain before the Roman army left in AD 406 and the villa way of life faded into history. It includes a list of places to visit.
- Author(s)Brenda Williams
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitkin Unichrome Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight160 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.