All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife on Pigeon Creek is n-fiction and is for all ages. The people and events in the story are true. This book gives a rare glimpse into rural life during the fifties and into early 1961. At the end of the book it has Looking Back, which gives insight into some of the people and events that took place or would later take place where the story happened. It also gives a view into the lives of some remarkable people, from Yankeetown's Tarzan to The Cat Lady to other local and even national celebrities. It mentions Fess Parker, Madonna, Rosie O'Donald, Chuck Conners, Burt Landcaster, Walter Matthau, Florence Henderson, Geena Davis and Tom Hanks. But the main story is about a little boy and his hopes and dreams while growing up along the same creek that Abraham Lincoln once lived on. The book tells of the hard yet fun times a little boy goes through. It tells of his secret love, his quest to find something rare and beautiful, and his desire to be unique like some of those around him. So step back to a simpler time and see the world through the eyes of a child.
- Author(s)Kenneth Edward Barnes
- Date of Publication23/09/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.