Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionChristl Verduyn analyses Engel's work from a feminist literary perspective, examining Engel's concern with women's experiences and perception of the world, female identity and the social constraints on its development, female subjectivity and self, the mother-daughter relationship, and forces opposing women's artistic self-expression. Verduyn presents in-depth readings of both the vels and Engel's reflections on her experiences as a woman and a writer as found in her personal journals and other writings. Verduyn demonstrates the extent to which Engel's work t only deserves to be ranked with the best of Canadian literature but also enriches our understanding of women's experiences and broadens our view of women's worlds. Lifelines makes an important contribution to Canadian literature, women's studies, and the growing genre of life writing.
- Author(s)Christl Verduyn
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Weight446 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine585 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.