All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on teaching by example. Every chapter provides an overview, and then dives right into hands-on examples so you can see and play with the solution in your own environment. All code samples run on both the latest Enterprise and Community releases. This book will be most useful to professional Java developers who want to build custom web sites, portals, and highly customized intranet applications using Liferay portal as a framework. This book is for Java developers, and you will get most from the book if you already work with Java but you need t have prior experience on Liferay portal. Although Liferay portal makes heavy use of open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Struts, and Lucene, prior experience using these is assumed.
- Author BiographyDr. Yuan is an expert on Liferay Portal and Content Management Systems (CMS). As an open source community contributor, he had published three Liferay books from 2008 to 2010. He is also an expert on Liferay integration with Ad Server OpenX, different search engines, enterprise content types including videos, audios, images, documents, and web contents, and other technologies such as BPM Intalio and Business Intelligence Pentaho, LDAP, and SSO. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Zurich, where he focused on Integrity Control in Federated Database Systems. He earned his M.S. and B.S. degrees from China, where he conducted research on expert systems for predicting landslides. Previously, he worked as a Project Manager and a Technical Architect in Web GIS (Geographic Information System). He is experienced in SystemsDevelopment Lifecycle (SDLC) and has deep, hands-on, skills in J2EE technologies. He developed a BPEL (Business Process Execution Language) Engine called BPELPower from scratch in NASA data center. As the chief architect, Dr. Yuan led and successfully launched several large scale Liferay/Alfresco projects for millions of users each month.
- Author(s)Jonas X. Yuan
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication28/05/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Out-of-print date14/02/2013
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight938 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.