All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionLifespan Development is designed to help your students understand human growth and development across the lifespan. The text shows that all people go through similar stages of development. Young children learn to walk, talk, spell, jump, and tell jokes. Teens learn to become more independent. Adults take on more responsibilities for themselves and others. Throughout the lifespan, people continue to develop and change physically, cognitively, socially, and emotionally. The text also includes strategies that promote lifespan health and wellness.- Students will learn about the developmental theories of Erikson, Piaget, Vygotsky, Kohlberg, and beyond.- A unit is dedicated to career preparation and opportunities that address career paths in human services and in education and training.- Special features throughout the text cover cultural diversity, health, and safety. Case studies are also included in each chapter.
- Author BiographySharleen L. Kato, EdD, of Seattle, Washington, loves teaching as well as learning. She is Professor and Director of Family and Consumer Sciences at Seattle Pacific University where she encourages students to become creative and successful. She has taught undergraduate students for over 20 years. She currently serves as the Family and Consumer Sciences Department Director. She holds a Doctorate in Education, a Master's in Human Ecology, and an undergraduate degree in Home Economics. Dr. Kato has served on the Bellevue Christian Schools Education Committee and Board of Directors, the Health and Wellness Advisory Committee for Seattle Public Schools, and education committees and task forces for Washington State Public Schools.Dr. Kato is also the author of two other Goodheart-Willcox textbooks, Teaching and Foundations of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Author(s)Sharleen L Kato
- PublisherGoodheart-Wilcox Publisher
- Date of Publication23/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGoodheart-Wilcox Publisher
- Weight272 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.