Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn Western societies, 'lifestyle' as an explanation for health and illness has become increasingly popular. Lifestyle in Medicine explores the ambiguity of the term 'lifestyle' and the way it is conceived and applied within medicine. Based on real doctor-patient consultations and in-depth interviews with doctors, the book discusses: * the history behind current medical use of lifestyle * the variable usage of the 'lifestyle' concept in different medical settings * critical writings and recent shifts in sociological thinking about lifestyle * public and government concerns about unhealthy lifestyles * the ways in which health is discussed, doctor to patient. Evidence-based in its approach, this book uses original research to highlight this topical issue and provides professional and lay perspectives on health and illness. It is essential reading for students and academics of medical sociology, health and allied health studies and anyone interested in health and society.
- Author BiographyGary Easthope is an Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Tasmania, Australia. He has eclectic research interests and has published books, book chapters and articles on education, social research methods, ethnicity and health, disability, the wilderness movement, drug use and alternative medicine. Emily Hansen is a Research Fellow in the School of Medicine at the University of Tasmania. Her research interests include medical sociology, medical anthropology, general practice and primary health care.
- Author(s)Emily Hansen,Gary Easthope
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleCritical Studies in Health and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.