All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLIFETIME PHYSICAL FITNESS AND WELLNESS, 12E, International Edition provides students with current information, tools, and guidelines to implement and adhere to a lifetime physical fitness and wellness program. Throughout the text, Werner W. K. Hoeger and Sharon A. Hoeger encourage students to take a critical look at their current behaviors in order to help them identify and abandon negative habits and adopt and maintain healthy behaviors. The authors' emphasis throughout the book is on teaching students how to take control of their personal lifestyles and make changes to promote overall health and wellness. In order to achieve this goal, the authors personalize the information to show students how content relates to their individual lives and provide easy steps to help students begin the process of behavior change. The unique design of this text integrates activities throughout each chapter, which allows students to learn core concepts and immediately apply their kwledge through self-review and application activities. In addition, LIFETIME PHYSICAL FITNESS AND WELLNESS, 12E, International Edition is part of an integrated textbook program that extends beyond the text to online resources within CengageNOW and WebTutor that further students' understanding through personalized learning plans, provide online labs, and allow students to track their behavior change progress.
- Author BiographySharon A. Hoeger is Vice President of Fitness & Wellness, Inc. in Boise, Idaho, and holds a bachelor's degree in computer science from Brigham Young University. As co-author of PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, and four other Cengage Learning texts, Mrs. Hoeger is responsible for researching the most current scientific information for each revision, as well as developing the interactive software that accompanies all of the Hoeger fitness and wellness textbooks-innovations that have set the standard for fitness and wellness software today. The Hoeger husband-and-wife team has been jogging and strength training together for more than 39 years! Dr. Werner W.K. Hoeger Professor Emeritus in the Department of Kinesiology at Boise State University, and Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine and the Research Consortium of SHAPE America (Society of Health and Physical Educators). The 2004 recipient of the Presidential Award for Research and Scholarship in the College of Education at Boise State University, keynote speaker at the VII Iberoamerican Congress of Sports Medicine and Applied Sciences and the 2010 Western Society for Kinesiology and Wellness, Dr. Hoeger continues to research and lecture on exercise physiology, physical fitness, and wellness. In addition to PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS, Dr. Hoeger has published several Cengage Learning texts including Fitness and Wellness, Principles and Labs for Physical Fitness, Lifetime Physical Fitness and Wellness, Wellness: Guidelines for a Healthy Lifestyle, and Water Aerobics for Fitness and Wellness. Dr. Hoeger is a former luge athlete (2002 and 2006 Winter Olympian); All-American by USA Track & Field in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016; and renowned fitness and wellness innovator. He developed many popular fitness assessment tools in use today, such as the modified sit and reach, total body rotation, shoulder rotation, muscular endurance, muscular strength and endurance, and soda pop coordination tests.
- Author(s)Sharon A. Hoeger,Wener Hoeger
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width218 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 12th Revised ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.